We sought to establish what BINGWA readers love to eat. Here is what they told us…
-My favorite food is prawns with rice. Prawns are very delicious and rich in protein, iron, zinc and vitamin E. They are also readily available here-Claire Njeri, Mother Mary School, Mombasa, Kenya.
- My favourite food is Chicken and chips. Chicken is especially tasty-Michira Edwin, Ongata Academy-Primary, Kajiado, Kenya.
- My favourite food is Githeri. It is very nutritious and keeps my family healthy because of the good fats, protein and carbohydrates-Winnie Wangari, Komaranch Primary School, Machakos, Kenya.
- My favourite food is Pilau because I enjoy cooking it. The sweet aroma motivates me to continue cooking unlike other foods-Brenda Kalya, Hill School-Eldoret, Kenya
- My favourite food is chapati because it is the best carbohydrate-Walter Ligami, Muraka Primary School, Kakamega, Kenya
- My favourite food is broccoli, tomatoes, hotdogs and hamburgers. I like to have a balanced yet fun diet-Maria Muthoki, Rusinga School, Nairobi, Kenya.
- My favourite food is chapati because my body loves it!-David Muturi, Nyankongo Primary School, Kisii, Kenya.
- My favourite food is chicken, chapati and fish. They are all very nice. Fish is especially common here in Kisumu-Jane Akoth, Lake Primary School, Kisumu, Kenya.
- My favourite food is Ugali and fish. It builds my body, makes me strong and handsome-Ian Wanjohi, Komaranch Primary School, Machakos, Kenya.
- My favourite food is fish and beans. They strengthen my body, keep me healthy and fit enough to play football and volleyball-Baliruno Arafat, St. Kizito Nursery & Primary School, Uganda.
- My favourite food is matoke. It is rich in carbohydrates and therefore enables me to perform different activities in class-Clara Shimelis, St. Kizito Nursery & Primary School, Uganda.
First published in BINGWA Magazine Issue 11 2013